The following services have been specially designed to meet the individual consumer’s needs. Please reach out to us for more information or if you would like to set any of these up on your account. We would be happy to help!
Take control of your accounts — ensure funds are always where they need to be!
Whether you’re trying to save, need to keep your kid’s account funded, or simply want to avoid overdrafts*, JP Stone offers flexible transfer setups to meet varying needs. There are two main categories available to you: ATS transfers (balance-based) and recurring transfers (frequency-based).
Automatic Transfer Service (ATS)
- Triggered by a balance threshold
- Transfer amount varies
- As needed, up to once a day
- JP Stone accounts only
- Setup in person**
- $3 per transfer
Best for when you want to maintain specific balances in an account
With ATS, you can:
- Avoid more overdrafts. If your account goes below $0, we’ll transfer enough from the linked account to cover the overdraft plus a buffer you specify (minimum $10).*
- Ensure your kid’s college account is always funded while they’re taking classes.
- Move excess money out of your checking into an investment account.
Even more complex setups are possible. Call us to discuss your specific needs!
How it works:
- You set a threshold for either a maximum or minimum balance for us to monitor the “trigger account” for. You can also optionally set a buffer beyond that threshold.
- Whenever the threshold is crossed, we’ll automatically transfer funds to or from the linked account to bring the trigger account back to the threshold (or to the buffer amount if specified).
- A $3 fee will be charged to the account that funds come out of.
Download / Print ATS Authorization
- Occurs at your chosen frequency
- Fixed amount you set up
- Predictable schedule
- Both JP Stone and external accounts
- Setup in digital banking or in person**
- No fee for internal, $1 fee for external
Best for sending the same amount at regular intervals
With recurring transfers, you can:
- Start saving easily by setting up a recurring transfer that occurs on your paycheck schedule. Set it, forget it, and watch your savings grow!
- Ensure personal obligations, such as rent contributions or child support, get sent in a timely fashion and aren’t forgotten.
- Add funds at the beginning of each month to an account you’ve setup to pay all your fixed monthly bills.
How it works:
- You specify a fixed transfer amount and the desired schedule (e.g. every week, every other week, monthly).
- On the specified day of the week or month, we’ll transfer the requested amount.
- No fee is charged if you transfer to another JP Stone account. A fee of only $1 is charged for transferring to external banks.
Did you know?
You can set up recurring transfers yourself on JP Stone’s digital banking platform! Within digital banking, you have more options for the transfer frequency. Setup as many as you like, and cancel them at any time!
Sign up today
Download / Print Recurring Transfer Auth.
* We will not transfer funds to cover an overdraft if the balance in the linked account is insufficient to cover the overdraft amount, even if the linked account is eligible for ODP.
** Since the auto-transfer authorization requires your signature, it can’t be completed over the phone. If you are unable to come in person, you may mail a signed and completed authorization to your local branch.
Ever forgotten a bill your balance can't cover? Overdraft Privilege may help!
You may be aware of the expenses and headaches associated with returned payments and inadvertent overdrafts. While we can’t guarantee these situations will never arise, we do want to help you avoid them when possible. Overdraft Privilege (ODP) may mean more of those unplanned overdrafts get paid.
How does it benefit me?
Without Overdraft Privilege, you may incur high charges from merchants for returned checks or automatic payments, as well as the embarrassment and inconvenience of denied purchases and dishonored checks. Additionally, when we return a payment, it will likely be automatically attempted a second time by the payee’s financial institution, which will result in additional fees if your account still lacks sufficient funds. With ODP, you may avoid most of those additional fees and frustrations when we choose to pay your overdrafts!
How do I get it?
Overdraft Privilege is already included in your checking account agreement — you do not need to sign any additional documents. It will automatically become available on eligible accounts. The only action you may need to take is completing if you would like us to consider authorizing payment on ATM and one-time debit card transactions.
How does it work?
Rather than returning unpaid any checks or automatic debits for which you have insufficient funds, we may consider paying for your reasonable overdrafts up to your ODP limit of $350, though there is no obligation on our part to do so. If you have provided us with your consent through , we may also authorize ATM and one-time debit transactions which overdraw your account. We will consider paying these items as long as your account is in good standing. We will send you a notice each time an overdraft occurs.
What does it cover?
We may cover up to a total of $350 of overdraft transactions plus fees. Checks, ACH, and recurring debit transactions (such as Bill Pay payments) are included by default. ATM and one-time debit card transactions can also be included when you provide your affirmative consent through
How much does it cots?
Overdraft Privilege costs you nothing unless you use it! Our normal overdraft charges (set forth in our Fee Schedule and Overdraft Privilege Policy) will apply to each item that would create an overdraft on your account (limited to five items per business day). In addition, if your account remains overdrawn, we may charge you a $4 Continuous OD Fee per day until your account is brought current. These fees will be added to any outstanding overdrafts you may have and will be applied against your ODP limit.
What if I don't want it?
Participation is not mandatory. Since ODP is a discretionary service, you may opt out of it at any time by notifying us.
- Call us at (575) 356‑6601
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a message within digital banking
Furthermore, if you have previously to have ATM and everyday debit card transactions included in ODP, you may revoke that consent without removing other transaction types from the service. Simply inform us of your preference. It may take up to five days from the receipt of your request to process it.
Are there alternatives?
In addition to Overdraft Privilege, we offer Overdraft Protection Transfers. This service provides overdraft protection by transferring funds from another account of yours with us, such as a savings account. If you apply and are approved for this optional service, you may save money on the total fees you pay us for overdraft protection services. Learn more under Auto-Transfer.
We can’t promise to pay every overdraft, and we are never obligated to pay your overdrafts, even if your account is in good standing and even if we have previously paid overdrafts for you. RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY and you should read our Overdraft Privilege Policy.
Fresh Start Loan
An overdrafted account normally needs to be paid within 30 days to avoid losing the privilege or even having the account closed. But we understand that life happens, and sometimes you need a little more time.
Allow us to help you get a fresh start! If you qualify for this loan, we will convert your overdrawn account into a loan that you can pay off over four monthly payments. These get automatically debited from your checking, so you don’t even need to worry about missing a payment.
During that time, you won’t be able to take advantage of the normal Overdraft Privilege, but once it’s paid off, reach out to your banker to see if your account can requalify.
Safe Deposit Boxes
(Portales & Roswell only)
We offer a variety of boxes in our Portales and Roswell offices. Please note that FDIC insurance does not insure safe deposit box contents.
|5x5||$17.50 (Portales location only)|
|Other Safe Deposit Box Services|
|Lost Key Replacement||$25|
|Drilling of Box||$125 (Non-Emergency)|
|$175 (Emergency, 3 days notice)|
* Some services may be subject to a fee
Welcome to Our New Website!
JP Stone is proud to unveil our revitalized look and feel to usher in 2022! Keep an eye on this space for our upcoming products and promotions!